Camp Harding is operated by the Anglican Diocese of Qu’Appelle. It is situated in the center block of the Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park on the Saskatchewan side approximately 30 km Southwest of Maple Creek on Highway 21.
Camp Harding itself is in a secluded pocket of the Park. It has four old-style bunkhouses each able to sleep eight, plus two smaller rustic cabins. There are washrooms and showers available on-site. The main building is a heated quonset which houses a fully equipped camp kitchen including a walk-in cooler, a large multipurpose space, and our adjoining craft room. There is also an outdoor chapel, a permanent basketball hoop, and a large fire pit area.
Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park is the first and only inter-provincial park in Canada. Rising up to 600 meters (1,970 ft) above the surrounding prairie, these hills and fescue grasslands represent the highest terrain between Labrador and the Rocky Mountains. For visitors, the steep rises, lush valleys and pine-scented breezes lend a mountain air to this prairie island.
Four distinct habitats and a climate more moderate than the prairies make this a park exceptionally rich in plant and animal life. Stately lodgepole pines embrace the higher elevations of the hills and grow nowhere else in Saskatchewan. Moose, elk, Nuttall's cottontail, white tailed deer, bobcat, red squirrel and mule deer make their home here and there have been rare sightings of cougar, as well.
Camp Harding Summer 2022 Schedule
Francis and Friends Family Camp, July 29 - August 1, 2022, All Ages
Counselor Training, August 3 - 6, 2022
Medieval Camp, August 7 - 13, 2022, Ages 12 - 15 years
Francis and Friends Family Camp, August 14 - 20, 2022, All Ages
The Holy Spirit and the Christian Life Retreat, August 25 - 28, 2022, Ages 18+
Registration opens June 1, 2022
Contact [email protected] for details.
In addition to the programs operated by the Diocese of Qu'Appelle there are a wide array of attractions and amenities including the following found right in the park:
- General Store - (306)-662-4226 groceries, camping supplies, souvenirs
- Cypress Hills swimming pool - 306-662-5411 (Park Office)
- Mini Golf - (306)-662-2012 a fun and well-designed outdoor course
- Loch Levin Marina - beach w/ volleyball and paddleboat/kayak rentals
- Extensive Hiking trails - maps available at Park office
- Horseback riding at Riding Academy- (306)-662-3512; hourly trail rides
- Tree-O-Six Adventures - https://www.treeosix.com/cypress-hills w/ ziplines,rock climbing, parachute simulator, disc golf, and E-bike rentals
- Stargazing at the Observatory - 306-662-5411 (Park Office)
The following are a short drive out of the park:
- Go-Karts - https://www.chspeedway.com/ (8 min. from camp)
- Grotto Gardens - https://grottogardens.ca/ (23 min.)
- T-Rex Discovery Center - https://royalsaskmuseum.ca/trex (60 min.)
- Fort Walsh National Historic Site - https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/lhn-nhs/sk/walsh/index (36 min.)
For more information on these and other nearby attractions go to cypresshills.com
Camp Harding is very grateful for grant funding from the Anglican Foundation of Canada. More information and updates will be forthcoming. Please consider supporting their valuable ministry!